János Árpád Potápi, State Secretary for National Policy at the Prime Minister’s Office, emphasized at the awards ceremony that it was important for Hungarian tourism service providers to be rewarded for their efforts.
He said that the epidemic has been stopped by joint effort, and they will do everything possible to prepare for a possible next wave.
Potápi pointed out that over the short term, travelers will rely primarily on domestic tourism and he expected that domestic tourism will strengthen this summer.
Csaba Baldauf, President of the Association of Hungarian Hotels and Restaurants (MSZÉSZ), said that the sector would not be able to survive another downturn and that it will take years to recover.
Archbishop Zoltán M., editor-in-chief of the local travel magazine “Az utazó,” said that the awards for the best tourism service providers had been presented for the 19th time this year. Based on votes from readers and tourism professionals, awards were handed out in 30 categories for 2020.
- Family-friendly hotel: Kolping Hotel Spa & Family Resort in Alsópáhok
- Wellness hotel: Hotel Silverine Lake Resort
- Business hotel: Prestige Hotel Budapest
- Conference hotel: Duna Relax Hotel
- Tourist city: Székesfehérvár
- Medicinal spa: Hévíz Spa and St. Andrew’s Rheumatism Hospital
- Wellness spa: Aquaticum Debrecen
- Rural restaurant: Derecskei Almavirág
Among the service providers across the border, restaurants and accommodation establishments in Transylvania, the Highlands, Transcarpathia, Vojvodina, Muravid and Croatia received awards as well.