Thursday, June 1, 2023
HomeDebrecenEducation + CommunityBus services, weekend tram transport and night services will be more frequent...

Bus services, weekend tram transport and night services will be more frequent from May

The local public transport company DKV will increase the frequency of its bus services from the 2nd of May, 2023.

Mayor of Debrecen László Papp said severe measures had to be taken in recent months to “ensure the sustainability of public transport, taking into account financial and economic aspects”.

The mayor pointed out that some services had to be shortened, while tram services were stopped at weekends due to high energy costs.

He pointed out that DKV had seen a 2.5-fold increase in electricity prices while diesel fuel prices had risen by 86%. He added that the travelling public pays 30 per cent of the costs by buying tickets and season tickets, while the city pays the remaining 70 per cent.

“I consider it very important that tram services be restored on weekends from the beginning of May. Tram services will continue to serve passengers on Saturdays and Sundays, as scheduled. Together with the transport company, we will launch night services for students during the weekend, and in addition, we will significantly increase the frequency of 14 routes,” he stressed.

Bus services will be restored from the 2nd of May 2023, and tram services from the first weekend in May.

JD Team
JD Team
Co-Founder of Debrecen Today and Johnson Digital. Blogger on the topics of Debrecen, CRO and Ecommerce. Digital Marketing Professional living and working in Debrecen.

Most Popular

Recent Comments