Built as part of the New Phoenix Plan, the new Debrecen Bath and Spa will supply 5700 square meters of watery fun and relaxation with 16 different pools, 12 meters high live green wall and water curtain, as well as adventure pool and 4 giant slides.
“It is planned that the new bath will open in the last week of May 2020 on Children’s Day”, said László Papp, mayor of Debrecen.
The mayor emphasized that they want the inhabitants of Debrecen to feel honored, so they will introduce the so-called Debrecen city card in the first half of 2020, which will give them many discounts.
The card will be linked to the Ministry of the Interior’s filing system, which will include the owner’s name, photo and an ID number. Citizens with a permanent address in Debrecen can apply and get the card.
The card will be a service card and it will provide a significant discount of around 30 per cent for entering the bath. It is planned that the card will provide more discounts in the future, for example at cultural events or in the public transport system.
The management of the spa has developed several types of tickets and passes, including morning swimmers and afternoon tickets. Upon entry, bathers may require a special wristwatch, which they can recharge to pay for beach restaurants and snacks. The unused amount can be refunded upon departure.
Planned ticket prices at the new Bath
- Adult: 3.700 HUF (Debrecen card: 3.100 HUF)
- Children under 3 years: 100 HUF (registration fee)
- Child/student (over 3 years, with student card): 3.100 HUF (Debrecen card: 2.550 HUF)
- Family ticket – two adults with one child: 9.500 HUF
- Family ticket – two adults with two children: 11.500 HUF
- Family ticket – two adults with three children: 13,400 HUF
- Any additional child: 1,900 HUF