- This event has passed.
Wines of the City of Debrecen – A Wine Tasting Tour Led by Winemakers
March 27 @ 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Introducing a tasting tour including the winners of the Wine of Debrecen Awards to take place as part of the Debrecen Spring festival of 2020.
Late last year the wines of Debrecen were selected for 2020 under a new selection system. Of the nearly 300 wines in the annual tests of the Debrecen Borozó Winery magazine, the TOP20 wineries were invited to participate in the competition. The TOP20 wineries representing 8 different wine regions tried their luck with a selection of 82 high-quality wines.
In December 2019, 18 renowned winemakers, wine experts, sommelier, and lucky wine lovers selected Debrecen City Wine in a seven-round blind tasting. The Debrecen City Wines were awarded as follows.
The “Wine of Debrecen” title was awarded to
- Classic white wine: Mátra Rhine Rizling 2018, Szőke Mátyás and Zoltán Pincészet
- Classic red wine: Szekszárd Cabernet Franc classic 2017, Mészáros Borház
- Classic rosé wine: Szekszárd Pinot noir Rosé 2019, Takler Borbirtok
- Premium white wine: Mátrai Paskomi Chardonnay 2018, Szőke Mátyás és Zoltán Pincészet
- Premium red wine: Villányi Franc 2017, Koch Borház, VinArt Pincészet
- Dessert wine: Intuition No1 Zéta Édes Szamorodni 2008, Holdvölgy Pincészet
- Champagne: Tokaji Furmint Pezsgő Extra Brut 2016, Gróf Dégenfeld Szőlőbirtok
The evening will be hosted by Pál Kovács, Friend of the Winemakers (2019). Snacks (cheeses, sandwiches) and water for tasting can be purchased on site. Tickets: 4900 Ft Ticket rental at the venue: 1000 Ft/piece, which will be returned on departure upon delivery of the cup. There are a limited number of tickets available, so we recommend buying them in advance. Tickets may no longer be available at the venue. Tickets are available at the Kölcsey Center and online at no charge at https://kolcseykozpont.jegy.hu/.