The first phase of the control of the coronavirus epidemic has been completed. The municipality closed sports facilities, cultural institutions, nurseries, kindergartens, the Great Forest Park, the playground “Öthoalds pagony” and the markets. In addition, it ordered daily disinfection on public transportation, organized on-call care and meals for children, care for the elderly, and the ones in need, as well as set up a telephone customer center.
In addition, the municipality created a fund to support families and individuals in difficult situations as a consequence of the Pandemic now containing approximately HUF 120 million.
EDC Debrecen has created a platform to help businesses, providing information support to Debrecen companies. The main aim of the initiative is to help Debrecen companies find funds that have become available due to the emergency.
400 volunteers of the Debrecen Charity Organization also did a wonderful job by delivering 1,200 packages of foods to 1,108 families since the beginning of the pandemic. One company delivers 1,340 hot lunches to 600 addresses per day. In addition, with the help of the organization, 130 children have received laptops to be capable to participate in online education.
The municipality of Debrecen also undertook a significant task to provide its institutions (nurseries, kindergartens, doctor’s offices, other institutions), companies and healthcare workers – 83 GPs, 42 GPs per practice, and 49 dentists. – with the necessary protective equipment and disinfectants.
The municipality of Debrecen, together with DV Zrt., has so far spent HUF 1,047 billion on defense and mitigating the economic effects of the epidemic.
What you can do after 4th May + new measures
From Monday, May 4, the curfew has been lifted in Debrecen but the following rules are still in force:
- Maintain a social distance of of 1.5 meters
- Citizens over 65 can still visit shops, drugstores, and pharmacies between 9 am and 12 noon
- It is obligatory to cover the nose and mouth with masks or scarves when shopping inside in shops and on public transport
Things you can enjoy after 4th May
- All shops and markets will reopen and can be visited
- Debrecen Zoo and the amusement park will reopen
- Public areas and parks are open to the public
- The gardens and terraces of restaurants, cafés, bars may be open, but the social distancing of 1.5 m must be observed
- Beaches and outdoor baths can be open and will welcome visitors.
- The new Aquaticum Debrecen Beach will receive visitors from mid-June
- Sports events can be held indoors without visitors, participation in sports training is allowed
- The City Swimming Pool remains closed to the general public
If the health situation and the needs of the parents justify it, the Municipality might organize on-call care in all affected nursery and kindergarten institutions.